Saturday, January 28, 2012

mindless distractions



Here I sit lounging on the couch in my too small sweatshirt, yoga pants and bare feet thinking about distractions that will keep my mind off the big questions in our home lately, such as, "When is it going to happen? When will this sweet baby girl grace us with her presence?" I have become very thankful for mindless distractions like Pinterest (when it’s not being the world’s slowest website and Iphone application on the planet but that’s a rant for another day). Through Pinterest I have been able to visualize myself as a stylish mom who is decked to the nines, cooks and bakes the most amazing food, is 100% tidy and organized 24/7, and the craftiest person ever. It will be fun to try and live up to this when I am sleep deprived and attending to a newborn’s every whim. Ahh but I can dream!
my style

my lemon-blackberry cheesecake

my overly organized kitchen



my daughter's crafty tutu


and my reality!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! That quote is brilliant. I hope you don't mine me borrowing it and posting it on my blog. I've been thinking about a Pinterest post. It's time I return to my blog to write instead of Pinning every time I do find some online time!

    ReplyDelete